Saturday, October 17, 2009

I found the wild things...

Yesterday (October 16th), I saw Where the Wild Things Are on opening day. Was it interesting? Yes. Was it complicated? Yes. Was it good? Eh, I’m not entirely sure. Between the screaming children soundtrack that could easily be spliced into a slasher flick and the not-exactly-chipper ending, I can’t decide if I actually enjoyed it. I do believe that the solution to that particular conundrum is to watch the movie again…with a remote, and on a smaller screen.

The remote would help with the fact that there’s probably some hidden symbolism that I didn’t catch in the theater…like the owls, Bob and Terry. I don’t understand them. But I have theories….

The smaller screen would help with the fact that I got carsick…yes, carsick…while watching. Hand filming is cool, and arty, and definitely creates a mood. Buuuuuut, it (in this particular situation) also induces carsickness. Yeah, all that shaky, arty, goodness was just a bit too much…

Yes, this is a pathetic excuse for complaining. It was a good movie, but it bugged me.

So, this is what I have to say: go see it. You’ll like it…I think.

~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment