Friday, October 2, 2009

this makes me happy inside..

Sooo, I’ve just returned from a meeting with my college writing professor, and will now be getting to most ridiculous college credit known to man:

Ok, so my prof had talked to me about perhaps submitting some of my college writing material to be published in the school newspaper, and changing what I do in class so that I write class papers with the intention of them being in the paper…that basically means that while everybody else is writing descriptive essays about knitting or saying hi to puppies in the park, I get to write about the late night worship at our new student retreat…ya know, school stuff.

When I went in for my meeting, I thought that my college writing stuff would be all that I would get published in the paper, and that I’d be on staff in some way or another. Well, I’m officially the page editor for the MBI-Spokane Mosaic…not entirely sure what that means, but I’m thinking (hoping!) that it’s a pretty good thing to be. However, it turns out that if I’m a staffer on the newspaper, I can get college credit…the catch being that I have to write something original, e.g.- I have to “double write” because my college writing stuff won’t work to get credit for the newspaper.

I was a little concerned because I have (obviously) college stuff going on, and didn’t know if I’ve have time to write an extra article each month, along with fulfilling all of my page editor duties. Consequently, I mentioned that I like cooking, because something was said about a recipe column they needed an editor for. Well, here’s how it all ended: I’m now not only the page editor…I’m also the recipe lady. Yes, I will be getting college credit for writing a recipe each month because that apparently meets the “original contribution” requirements. This makes me happy…

-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment